We’ve been called crazy for our love of prairie fruit, but we prefer the term innovative.
Here are some of our best tips, advice, and stories of growing fruit on the prairies:
- Foraging for Fiddleheads
- In Defence of Prairie Winter 2 – Embrace the Snow
- In Defence of Prairie Winter 1 – Wind Chill
- What Do Frost Damaged Apples Look Like?
- Our Vision for Edmonton’s Apples
- How to Prune Raspberries
- Sour Cherries: Prairie Cultivars & Ripeness
- When Are Saskatoons Ready on the Prairies?
- Fruit Seasonality on the Prairies [Infographic + Backyard Harvest Details]
- Tips for Growing, Harvesting, and Using Rhubarb!
- Grafting on the Prairies
- What does a “Prairie Wassail” look like?
- How Do I Tell If My Apples are Ripe?
- We Planted an Orchard!
- The Coldest Nights and a New Year
- Mid-June Orchard & Garden Update in Edmonton
- Local Cider Apples (& a Couple of Pears) at the Scion Wood Exchange
If there is a topic you’d like to see on the blog, get in touch with us!